Friday, March 06, 2009

Because it's been way too long.....

I decided to at least post some pictures.  I really haven't felt like writing here for a long time.  And every time I think about writing, I feel like I have to update on everything that's happened since the last time I wrote.  Well that's just not gonna happen!  So here are some fun pics of things we've been up to so far in 2009:

Ella took her first ballet class.  This is a shot of her doing a "routine."  Shortly after I took this photo, she broke out of line and started running in circles around the room.  Oh well.  Last week we got to watch a different routine, and she stayed in line and did the entire thing.  I was so proud of her!
I think she enjoys dressing up in a leotard and ballet shoes as much as doing the actual dancing!



I also decided to get back into crochet after seeing this pattern in a book.  I love crochet, but get bored with it quite easily.  I thought of my sister when I saw this, so I decided to make this for her birthday!  Since completing this one, I've got 3 more projects up my sleeve.  They are all gifts, so when the recipients receive them, I'll post pics!

Shortly after Christmas, the girls got a full-sized bed to share.  We've had this bed in my parent's storage room for 5 years and we knew we wanted to give it to the girls.  Todd's great-grandfather made this bed, so it's very special to the family.  Ella was especially excited to be in a big girl bed after sleeping on a mattress on the floor for 6 months!  We even got brand new bedding.  I'm thinking about giving the walls a fresh coat of paint to complete the look.

Emma had to make a box for her Valentine's Party at school.  We got out the scrapbooking supplies and cut out hearts, pasted on stickers, and covered the whole thing with Sparkle Mod-Podge!

You might be wondering about Emma's colorful sweater and hair-bows.  It was 80's day at school, I do believe.  This was the best I could come up with! 

My favorite part of the night was that Emma was so kind and considerate towards her little sister.  She let Ella place the paper hearts after she spread the glue on.  She was very patient and giving, and I was so proud of her!

1 comment:

Chanda Canup said...

how sweet! I'm glad you posted. precious, precious girls!